Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An XP Computer Riding Across the U.S.

Everyone that I know has something of worth to him or her. It could either be a guitar that is of financial worth or something that is considered to be a priceless moment. For me, my item of financial worth is my hp laptop. I do all my work and everything on it. A priceless moment that I have had before is whenever I ride my bike. I love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the rush of going really fast down a big hill.

My favorite item of financial worth is my computer. “I love you computer, you’re like a brother to me.” I said. I clicked on the password, typed it in, and whoosh, my computer flashes to the Patriots logo, and all my icons appear almost out of nowhere. I click on my AIM icon and type in my password. I sign in and start to talk to everyone that is on at the time. I can be on AIM for hours at a time talking to person after person once they sign in.

Even if I am doing homework I am in front of my computer talking to everyone. Sometimes I even discuss with people on IM the homework and we work together on it to get it done twice as fast. I use it when I am stumped on making a map of trade routes in history class, or just when I am stumped on any work for any class. My computer is my life. Without it I wouldn’t get half the work that I do get done, done.

I also use my computer to play a ton of games. There is so many game sites that I go on like addicting games or new grounds or any other gaming site. My favorite game to play on any site is the helicopter game. You are this helicopter see, and you have to fly it as far as you can. There are these floating blocks that you have to avoid and once you hit one you lose. I got I think like over 2000 miles before hitting a wall. It was the highest score that I had ever gotten.


I have a ton of priceless moments during my life so far. Like this one time when I was only like five or so, my dad bought me a new bike and was going to teach me how to ride it. There I was, watching as my dad took the bike out of the box and started to put it together according to the instructions. He had already taught me almost every tool he had so I was his tool fetcher. He needed allen wrenches and screw drivers and so on.

After what seemed like forever there it was, my brand new bike. “Oh thank you daddy,” I said in a happy way. I was so happy that I ran around in joy. Then, out of nowhere, my dad picks me up and puts me on the bike. But the only problem was that this was my first time ever to ride a bike without training wheels. “Daddy, I am scared.” I said very frightened. “There is nothing to worry about, I am here and I will not let go.”

So there I was, sitting on my bike, and my dad started to push me. I was doing it. I was riding my bike. Then out of nowhere, my dad lets go of the bike and I start to sail. I was going so fast that my dad had to yell to me to stop going so fast. Then, I fell off and my whole left arm got scraped onto the pavement. I was crying and really mad at my dad.

I got up and walked into the house, cleaned up and got right back outside to do it again. This time I biked on our lawn so that if I fell it would be on nice soft grass. But I didn’t need it. It was like I was a pro. I road without stopping of falling on my side, I was so happy. It was the best moment of my life and my dad was there too which made it all the more better. Just like you, I have 2 very dear values in my life. They all don’t have to be of financial value, but sometimes they can be. Out of the two things of value to me I think that my computer is the best. I think this because it is so helpful. I could live happily without my bike riding value, but not without my computer because it is everything to me.

No comments: